Marion was joined by Mhairi Black today in Motherwell to campaign for Clare Adamson in her bid for the Motherwell and Wishaw seat.
The SNP will stand up for young people and their rights if re-elected by:
- Using the power to create new benefits to introduce a Jobs Grant for young people aged 16-24 who have been out of work for six months and are starting a job for more than 16 hours a week – which could help 6,000 young people get into work and stay in work.
- Protecting the right to free university education in the face of Tory plans to impose tuition fees of £6,000.
- Continuing to provide the expanded Education Maintenance Allowance.
- Delivering an additional 5,000 apprenticeships, taking the total to 30,000 per year by 2020 – increasing opportunities for young people.
- Continuing work to widen access to university, building on the progress already made and giving more young people the opportunity of a university education.