Constituency Assistant – Marion Fellows MP
Location: Motherwell and Wishaw
Salary: In Accordance with IPSA pay scales £17,550 (pro-rata)
Job Details: part-time, 15-20 hours (hours negotiable)
Constituency Assistant in the busy constituency office for Marion Fellows MP, your duties will be to assist and support the Office Manager and Parliamentary Assistants with day to day office tasks.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email
- Photocopying, filing, record keeping and typing correspondence
- Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Assisting with arrangements for events
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Liaise with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies
- Manage and monitor incoming calls and enquiries
- Opening and dispatching mail
Closing Date: Wednesday 4 January 2017
Interviews will be held in Motherwell on Friday 13 January 2017
The job is to commence as soon as possible after interview.
How to apply
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter, setting out why you’d like the post and how your experience matches the job description and person specification (no more than 2 side of A4).
Email to Office Manager, Fiona Fotheringham: Fiona.Fotheringham@parliament.uk
Due to an anticipated high number of applicants we will be unable to offer feedback to unsuccessful candidates.