The UK and Scottish Governments have updated their advice to combat the Corona Virus epidemic.
People should work from home where possible and avoid unnecessary travel – except for exercise and shopping for food.
As a result, as a duty of care to my constituency staff, my Motherwell office will be closed and staff will be working from home, but will still be available to support constituents with their issues.
You can get in touch for support on 01698 337 191 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new advice can and will save lives. We all must do what we can to limit the spread of the virus:
– Anyone developing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (new continuous cough and/or high temperature), however mild, should stay at home for 7 days from the onset of symptoms.
– If one person in any household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days.
– Wash your hands frequently throughout the day for 20 seconds at a time.
– Only travel if necessary. Work from home if possible and avoid gathering including pubs, clubs and theatres.
– When in public, keep your distance from each other; do not to cough into your hands; and be mindful of which surfaces you are touching.
– If you are displaying symptoms, if possible, avoid leaving the house even to buy food or essentials – but you may leave the house for exercise so long as you keep a safe distance.
– Pregnant women, people aged over 70, people with underlying health conditions, and people who would be advised to have a flu vaccine must take particular care and others must take particular care around them.
When shopping, please be considerate of others and buy only what you need. Do not panic buy or stockpile. Supply lines may be strained, and this will ensure everyone can get the items they need and the essential cleaning items which will prevent the spread of the virus. The virus can only be stopped if everyone has access to cleaning products.
In your street and close, if you do not have symptoms and no one in your house has shown symptoms in the last 14 days, check in on vulnerable neighbours to see if they require anything, but keep your distance.
This will be a testing time, but together, we will be able to pull through. By following the advice as closely as possible, we can and will save lives.