This is a difficult time for businesses and their staff. I want to reach out directly to local businesses to offer my support and keep you as up to date as possible with the support being provided at a local and national level. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses are being asked to call the Scottish Government’s hotline on 0300 303 0660. The helpline will be open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. I know that some people are struggling to get through. The service is understandably experiencing high demand. I urge businesses to be persistent. The support being provided is unprecedented and it will take a wee while to get the services fully up and running.
The Scottish Government have announced a £2.2bn package of support to help sustain businesses and, crucially, help them pay staff and treat staff fairly:
• 100% Non-Domestic Rates relief for all retail, hospitality and leisure sectors;
• 1.6% Non-Domestic Rates relief for all properties across Scotland;
• All small businesses that receive the small business bonus scheme or rural relief will be eligible for a £10,000 grant;
• £25,000 grants to the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors for those with a rateable value between £18,000 and £51,000;
• On top of that, the Scottish Government have taken steps to effectively halt the inflationary increase in business rates that was due in April.